Other special facts about Skandar.
- He grew 6 1/2 inches while filming The Chronicles of Narnia: The
Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005). He had to get his armor fixed
- Charles Darwin, the 19th century scientist who popularised the theory
of evolution, is Skandar's great great great grandfather.
- During the filming of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, Skandar
had to eat 35 pieces of turkish delight that were "about the size of
- He auditioned for the role of Simon in 'Nanny McPhee'.
- Was given a pink thong from his castmates Anna Popplewell and William
Moseley as a joke for his 14th birthday present.
- His favourite movies are "anything that has blood and guts. 'Saving
Private Ryan' was heaven."
- His father is author Randal Keynes.
- Plays the cornet (grade 5) and flute (grade 3).
- Was banned
from eating sugar products on set during the filming of The Chronicles
of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe due to hyperactive
- Has a green belt in tae kwon do.
- He attends the City of London School, a private all-boys school which
is the same as Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter).
- His ideal place to live would be "some really cool place in the
Pacific Ocean or the South of France or Spain. Somewhere hot and by a
- He is an Athiest.
- Plays cricket.
- Loves playing video games.
- He was trained to sword fight by sword trainer Allan Poppleton while
working on the film The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and also
learned to ride a horse.
- Enjoys playing football and is a supporter of Arsenal Football Club.
- Despite his mother's Lebanese roots, his family's practice of
vacationing in Beirut every summer, and his years of weekend language
classes, he admitted to The New Yorker magazine that he "doesn't speak
Arabic all that well."
- A piece in the July 31, 2006, issue of The New Yorker magazine
reported that Keynes and his family had flee Beiruit shortly after
arriving there for their annual summer vacation when the 2006
Israel-Hezbollah conflict started. The family decided to leave when
Skandar's grandfather had men, possibly Hezbollah militants, come to
the house and asked him about the identities of the British visitors.
- Skandar is very athletic. In June 2006, he won the 1500-meter
competition organized by his school for the third year sports day. He
finished this long race with the best time of his category: 5 minutes,
45 seconds & 32 milliseconds. This information was
''The Citizen'' weekly newsletter.
- Skandar really likes jumping. He jumped off the Nevis, which is the
third highest point in the world, and the Sky Tower, which is the
highest building in the Southern Hemisphere. He also did the Shotover
Canyon Swing, which is the biggest swing in the world. He finally did a
jump in New Zealand that was nearly 400 meters in the air and some
jumps from a jet. Those thrilling activities were driving Prince
Caspian movie producers crazy.